Tuesday, 3 December 2013

Made and Found


It's been a busy few weeks here in Dottycookie-land. It may look as if I've been sitting idly by, but if you follow me on twitter, you'll be aware that I am getting ready to take part in a very exciting event this weekend - the first Made and Found sale will be taking part in North London this Saturday, Dec 7th, and I am very honoured to be part of a small group of designer makers. There will be some truly gorgeous handmade items on sale, and tea and cakes to boot!


My house and garden have been overflowing with gorgeous, supple, fragrant willow for weeks now, in all colours from warm brown through soft green to vibrant reds to nearly black. It has been a joy to have a reason to use some of my most precious stocks. I'd love to share the results with you.


If you are in the area and have an hour or two to spare, we can guarantee a warm welcome - and the chance to buy some individual Christmas presents for special people - including perhaps a treat or two for yourself.

The details are on the flier above, and links to the various craftspeople are below. It would be lovely to meet you!

Emma Mitchell: Exquisite, wonderfully wearable jewellery

Linda Bloomfield: Ceramicist extraordinaire. Her hand-thrown cake stands and mugs were featured on this season's Great British Bakeoff.

Celia Hart: Beautiful prints inspired by nature 

Karen Boatwright: the very cutest knitted animals, warm sleeping bags, and paintings

Lilli Wicks: Stunning knitwear

Claire Knight: Delicate paper cuts

Tracy Dowling: Beautiful modern quilted homewares

SkeinQueen (Debora Orr): Dangerously covetable hand dyed yarns

Higgledy Garden The best cut flower seeds I've ever tried

Me!

17 comments:

  1. I recognise that North London address.What fun, I hope it goes well for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope it is a truly wonderful event. wish I could be there. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope it all goes well for you. You've made some beautiful things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited about Saturday! It's going to be like a party with everyone invited round to buy the stuff we've been making... let's hope we're so busy that there's no time for nattering and cake until we're packing up afterwards xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks fab, I especially love the Christmas trees... hope it goes well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, it sounds so exciting -- I wish I lived in the area as I'd love to come and cheer you all on. Good Luck and Have Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lot of wonderful willow Val! It sounds like it will be a super day. I hope you all have a fun time with lots of sales and I'm looking forward to hearing all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I wish I could make it, hope you have fun and sell lots of your lovely willow! Rx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am going to make a special effort to come up and say hi! You'l have fun, Linda is brilliant. Ruth (used to be two hippos) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how I love your beautiful willow work. Wonderful. I hope the sale goes really well, it sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck for a great day. I think your 3-D Christmas trees are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I so want one of those trees! unfortunately i have house viewings 10-3 so I wont make it :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the trees!! Hope it all goes well on the weekend, I'm sure you will do really well!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wishing you the very best for a marvellous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really hope it went well! Look forward to reading about the results. Bethx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some feedback! I love reading your comments and I do my best to reply to them. If Blogger gives me your email address, or if I can find one on your blog I'll try to reply by email; otherwise I'll reply in the comments here.